Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bows, purses, blankies, and more...

So, most of you know I used to do medical transcribing at home. When Laynie was in the hospital for the last time I decided to quit due to all the stress with the hospital and wanting to be with Laynie every minute. Since then I have been blessed to be able to stay at home with Selah. I also took a quilting class this summer and made my first quilt. I discovered a renewed love for sewing that I would love to share with others :) I now am willing to make the following products. I like to sew especially for others and what you want down to every detail. If you are interested in any of the following feel free to email me at tjgerst@hotmail.com I know many of you have been waiting for me to get the following details sent, but to tell you the truth I am embarrassed of these pictures. The picture quality does them no justice and some are hard to tell colors, etc.. but at least this will give you an idea of what I can do.






Here is my super cute model sporting a bow and headband :)

These are the basic hairbows made out of double ruffle ribbon and they can be made in different sizes depending on what you are looking for from 2-3 1/2 inches wide. They are $5-$6 depending on the size. I also have gerber daisy clips and assorted flower clips that are not shown. They range anywhere from $8-$10. It may be easiest to specify a certain color you are looking for or you are more than welcome to come over to my house and see for yourself!

These are the colors available for bows from left to right:
lemon grass, navajo turquoise, white, black, brown, shocking pink, cream, yellow, sherbet, grape, silver, navy, red, and chartreuse


These are the headbands that are available...colors from the top- yellow, taupe, light brown, dark brown, black, purple, shocking pink, pink, red, cream, and white. They are $5 each.

These are just one of the types of bags available. They are Amy Butler birdie sling bags that are great as a bag or as a diaper bag - these are both of mine :) The Amy Butler bag is $90. This bag's dimensions are 28" tall including handles x 18" wide.

This is a sample of a blankie I can make...the options are endless as far as colors go and patterns. They are $15. These are 12"x 12"


These are the burp rags and just a sample of the girl fabrics. I also have many boys fabrics to choose from. The patterns are in flannel and the backs are made of chenille. The cost is $6 each or 3 for $16.




These are a few samples of some more tote bags, once again fabric choices are endless, handles, and sizes. The totes range anywhere from $25 - $40 depending on fabric, personalization, closures, etc.. The totes with Addy/Brooks on them are approx. 17"tall x 14"wide x 4" deep.


The "Quinton" bag is 15" wide x 11.5" tall x 4" deep. The "Abby" bag is 13" wide x 9.5" tall x 4" deep. The "Kara" bag is 11" wide x 7.5" tall x 4" deep. These are all approximate dimensions. They can also be personalized with names if you would like.
There are a couple different types of bags available so if you are interested in ordering something feel free to let me know what type and size you are looking for and I can see what I can do.

That is all for now. Coming soon...knot dresses, ruffle pants, pacifier clips!

Like I said, I am just beginning so keep that in mind :) My goal is to pass on to you something that you couldn't get anywhere else and that you love! If there is anything that you don't see, but you are interested in just let me know and we can see what I can do. I love doing quilts too, but they tend to take more time :)

This is a simple square pattern quilt that I made for Selah's room. This particular one would not take as long as a more advanced pattern.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I would LOVE to get something made just for Izzy :) I still day dream of making something myself. I took a quilting class a few years ago but never finished my first quilt! Too many distractions (kids) I guess. Well it looks like that ain't going to change anytime soon! LOL!

Anonymous said...

what cute items! you are one creative gal. thanks for letting us know what you are sewing.

teresa

Leisa said...

Jill- you may already be familiar with this- but if not- you should check out etsy!!