Here she is modeling her birthday outfit I made with the help of my mom of course, and yes it may have to be her Halloween costume as well so she can get some more wear out of it :) We do think she is quite one-derful!


For Selah's birthday the theme was butterflies and flowers...

The whole house got decorated...and yes it was probably extreme, but Selah loved all the balloons and streamers!


Our immediate families came for dinner before the party. Of course the mothers asked if they could bring something so I said sure. Besides their lettuce salad and fruit salad, did I make anything you ask...Nope :) We just ordered pizza! It was great all around though!

Then we set up for the party...we had cupcakes with flowers, cupcakes with butterflies, candy, rice krispy bars shaped like butterflies, and ice cream and sherbet floats. Needless to say...plenty of sugar to go around!


This was Selah's cake for us to eat

and this was her cake to dive into - it is hard to tell by the picture, but it is only about 3x3 inches wide

Selah wasn't so sure about the candle at first. The crowd was a little overwhelming at times :)

Then she started to dig right in...

and in...
and in some more...

Until finally Tadd thought she was going to get sick so we took it away. I know mean parents! And the funniest part was when Selah picked up a stray piece and threw it after we took her cake away from her. Yes, we figured out at that point that she was a little mad :)
What was left of her cake.

Then it was time for presents. And as all you experienced parents know by this time we as parents are just shot. The energy is wearing off, Selah was getting tired, and we had lots of "help" opening presents :) Don't get me wrong it truly was lots of fun!

This picture I find the most humerous because... For the record the little coupe that Selah got from Tadd and I, I put together :) and it took me nearly an hour. So, when Selah got a little ride-on from Tadd's parents I told him he had plenty of guys around so get to work! Ha! And after they found the directions they got it together - Just kidding guys!

I can only imagine what Selah is thinking at this point :) Is she pulling out her hair?!

Thanks to all of you who came and shared the evening with us and for all the parents. We truly are blessed with a wonderful extended family and many friends. God has blessed us and I am still in shock that Selah is one already!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Selah!
Post a Comment