Monday, October 4, 2010

Selah is 2!

First off, I am now caught up in my blog world after some 4 posts in one day :) Things have been a little hectic around here lately, but well worth it in the end. Selah turned two on the 2nd and I am in denial of course. Seemed like just yesterday she was just diving into her butterfly cake and we were teaching her to say "one"! But now, she is talking a mile a minute and knows that at her party she will have balloons, and "cake" (strawberry shortcake), and will get to "blow candles".
Photobucket

This year we started off the party with pizza at our house with both sides of the family. Selah and Finn are so blessed that we have most of our family here close by that can share in these milestones with us.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then Selah got to share her present with her cousins...her swingset! We were lucky enough that Tadd's cousin sells the amazing Hillside Hideaway swingsets and worked really hard this week to get it put together for Selah before her party. She talked all week about how she wanted to swing and slide with Addy and Brooks. Thanks Andy for getting it done - and to Chuck for his help too!
Photobucket
Getting these three to sit still long enough to snap a picture was an adventure. Especially Selah..are you kidding mom? I have to stop playing and look at you and smile..whatever!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then it was on to cake and icecream. The theme of course was Strawberry Shortcake so the cake was her house. Selah was so excited to blow out candles. We even had to let her do it twice because she couldn't believe it was over so fast :) It was my first year doing a fondant cake so it is actually made with rice krispies so we ate a separate strawberry cream cake, chocolate and strawberry ice cream, and strawberry pop. Plenty of sugar to go around!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

She got loads of gifts as usual some to include Hokey Pokey Elmo, a new Bible, Strawberry Shortcake, dress up clothes, MJ clothes, and a salon kit.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Of course Finn and Colt couldn't be left out of the festivities
Photobucket
Photobucket

Whenever I wonder if all the prepping and getting things ready was worth it...I will look at these pictures and know...Yes! Because seeing her laugh and giggle makes all the different. She was spoiled, yes.. But for as long as I am here I will pour out my love on her because she is worth every minute of my time and attention! I love you my sweet Selah!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did a FANTASTIC job on the cake Jill! Selah is loved and I just can't thank you enough. Happy 2nd birthday Selah! ♥ T