These last pictures are kind of all mixed in together. Finn loved the beach. He wanted to eat the sand as any 11-month old would, so mostly he got to be dipped in the ocean and then took his morning nap in the stroller while we were there. Next year...he will be allowed to explore a little more :)

He loves his Aunt Ti Ti!

Funny story, I had Selah's hair all done in puff balls so it wouldn't get all sandy and by the time we got to the beach her rubberbands had snapped, so this is what it ended up being that day. Not to worry, the next time they stayed in and backups were brought with us!

She loved collecting shells, building sand castles, and swimming in the ocean. She just couldn't get enough of it.

Of course part of the vacation experience is eating out every night and with it, having great seafood. We ate at Yabba's on Fifth Avenue in Naples one night. Selah and Aunt Ti Ti being "frightened" She met many statues on our walk down Fifth Ave. She also got in a bit of boutique shopping where she informed grandma while trying on some sunglasses, "look grandma, it MATCHES my outfit!" Oh yeah, we are going to have quite the handful with this girly girl!

And speaking of statues, this one was found outside our house. One day I catch Selah talking as we walk in the front door. I look to my side and here stands Selah talking...."Hi Mary!" Yep, she named this statue Mary (I am assuming after Jesus's mother - I can't figure out anything else) and proceeded to have a conversation with her every time we went by, which drove Tadd up the wall. I thought it was humerous, but by the end of our trip I think Tadd was a little nervous about all the time she was spending with her :) We had her pose for her picture with Mary before she gave her a kiss goodnight for the evening.

And this brings our trip to a close. Another year of great weather spent with family. Thanks also to mom and dad and Tiff for giving us a date night where we could eat our food in silence without shoveling it down as fast as we could! So many memories in Bonita. We love the area and now that it has been a few years with our kids, I love the fact that I can remember what they were doing at the exact point the previous year. Time is flying, way too fast that is. And as always, these trips make me remember who is missing...our precious Laynie. Whose 4th birthday would be this year and is only two days before Finn turns one. During my moments of reflection in the afternoons I couldn't help but think how far God has brought our family. How He has stretched our family, grown us and molded us how He saw fit. And even though it was painful, we are stronger and more fully knit together. We had endured! And now hopefully we can worship Him more fully in the year to come. So here is to a renewed hope and security in knowing He is our Savior, our King!
No comments:
Post a Comment