Monday, August 22, 2011

From fishing to the zoo

We got really lucky Selah and I. Why you ask? Because Grandpa and Grandma L took us fishing :) My love for fishing has grown since I was little. I am not for sure why. Maybe the way it seems like you are in a world all by yourself while on the boat, or that even when you don't catch anything you still are enjoying the company of the people you are with and the nice weather...

And nice weather we had. The sun was gorgeous whether it was peaking through the trees
Photobucket
or shining its brightest
Photobucket
And this little girl had the time of her life. Borrowing grandpa's fishing hat and 'driving' the boat.
Photobucket
Selah was ready to go. If you look really close (ok, looking close doesn't really help) but she is holding a niblet in between her fingers. That was her job to pass them out to all of us. She got to use her princess fishing pole and is getting better at casting.
Photobucket
So we only caught 3 fish that day. And they were little! But Selah was glad they rode in the boat with us so she could keep a close eye on them, talk to them, and 'take care' of them she said.
Photobucket
Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for taking us fishing!
Photobucket

The next day it was on to the zoo in Peoria to meet friends. It was a hot day, mostly because I thought it was supposed to be cloudy and there wasn't a cloud in the sky! We met my friends, Amy and Melissa (whom we originally met at the hospital with Laynie) and their kiddos. Here is the whole crew. Selah, Berkeley, Annie, Finn, Lily, and Matthew.
Photobucket
And the girls minus Lily who was fast asleep.
Photobucket
Check out this new little cutie! I tried to get my baby fix for the day :)
Photobucket
Selah loved playing with the big kids
Photobucket
and the little ones too :)
Photobucket
Although Selah looks like she could be as old as these two, she is a year younger. Our Laynie would be as old as them though...4! I love being around these kids. Makes me remember Laynie and how much I love her. I love trying to imagine what she would be like at this stage in her life if she was still here. What she would be talking about, what she would look like....

Thanks Melissa and Amy for sharing your lives with us! We love you and the kiddos so much. Can't wait till we get together again - maybe next time at a house right? :)
Photobucket

No comments: