We encouraged couples to go on a date night and then join us afterwards for praise and worship and just hanging out with friends. We couldn't have asked for a better weather night. The scene was set and ready...
gotta love the Pinterest ideas - homemade lanterns (super easy!) and shepherd's hooks thanks to my dad :)
When you arrived you were greeted by this funny crew - Tim, Tadd, Mark, and Jeff. They were our valet parking attendants. I know - a little scary handing over your keys to this bunch.
Then you took a number and prayed that you would get your vehicle back at the end of the night!
We also had a photobooth set up. Guests were just lined up and so eager to get involved with this. Ha! Just kidding. We had to really force some to go for it. :) It was lots of fun and I would love to post all of the goofy pictures we got, but without their permission I wouldn't dare!

Grab a number and an envelope so you can be mailed your picture when completed.

Us ladies weren't afraid! We jumped right in and striked a pose. We are cool like that :) Even Baby Ellis got in on the fun (that is her in her mama's wrap, tucked away)
Fresh flowers filled spray painted vases for decor
and lots and lots of lights and a few lanterns for a pop of color
and boy did we have lots of food - I think we could have fed another 20 people...lots of chocolate and sweets
chevron bags for filling with snack mix and popcorn
All in all I feel the evening was a success. We have been so blessed by the people at Bethany Community Church. It was a wonderful opportunity to get to praise God together while experiencing the sunset. So many reasons to praise God and celebrate new relationships built. In the last year we have gotten thrown out of our comfort zone and into the unknown. Knowing that we were where God wanted us, but scared at the same time. I love all the people whom we have met. Those who made us feel welcome and invited us into our homes. Before they even knew who we were, would ask us how we came to know the Lord. Love that! Love that the common bond of being Brothers and Sisters in Christ brought us together to form greater bonds of friendship. Nothing better than being a part of the Body of Christ, serving our Lord together.
A special thanks to Mike and Blake for leading us in worship on this evening!
And of course I couldn't resist snapping a few pics of these little ones who joined us for the evening -Madeline and Ellis Ann, such cuties!
1 comment:
You are soooo creative! I wish I had an ounce of what you do. It looks so great and so much fun!
Jill M
Post a Comment