I know, it has been a while again since I blogged. Kind of in a little bit of a funk lately. Last Saturday night was wonderful. We had a great turnout around 90 people or so. We raised some good money for Olivia's family so that was uplifting, but we also were saddened to find out that Olivia passed away that morning around 11 am or so. My heart just breaks for their family. It causes a little deja vu from a year ago and what the days following Laynie's death were like. We will just continue to pray for their family. They are a strong Christian family and I know that like He did for us, God will continue to lift them up and hold them tight when they are weak.
This morning we also lost Tadd's grandma. We are at peace knowing that she went peacefully and is in heaven rejoicing as we speak. But also know that there are a lot of memories that we will never forget of Grandma Minnie!
Selah is doing well. She just cut her 3rd tooth on Saturday! It is the top left one and the top right looks like it will be soon following. She tried green beans on Sunday for the first time - regular ones that is, not baby food :) She did really well and does with most food I allow her to have, but she still can't quite get the coordination between picking up the small pieces of food off her high chair and sticking them in her mouth...they usually get lost inbetween there somewhere! She now rolls over all the time and is sitting up more by herself to play. She has started doing what I say looks like a yoga move. She hasn't discovered how to crawl forward yet, but she arches her back, plants her feet on the ground on her tippee toes, and puts her butt all the way up on the air while pushing on her hands and feet if that makes any sense...she pretty much forms a "V" with her body. It is hilarious, because once she does it she gets frustrated because she just looks at you like, "why am I not moving?" Besides that, we are enjoying the few nice days of weather we had. The house is in the process of getting re-stained (and no we are not doing it ourselves, we tried that once!) and Tadd and his cousin Jon worked on some outside landscaping this weekend with the retaining wall, so spring is in motion.
I will try to post some pictures of Saturday night. I didn't get too many because for some reason I must have forgotten in the midst of everything going on :) But, thanks again to all who helped. My mom and Joyce were a gigantic help in the kitchen along with all my buddies! Thanks guys - without you the evening wouldn't have ran so smoothly!
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Olivia. My heart and prayers go out to you and Olivias family. ~T~
Thinking of you both though this time of lossing grandma and olivia.
Wish I could have been there saturday.
Call me sometime.
LOL,
Holly
Post a Comment