Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A whole new outlook!

So Selah started crawling last Tuesday the 23rd - sorry, this doubles as my baby book so I need to stick the date in there :) It has been a whole new adventure for us. We have now put outlet covers on and are in the process of having a gate made for the loft upstairs. She is quite quick when she wants to be. Although as in the video, she likes to whine about it sometimes and act like it is such hard work! She loves the vents on the floor and crawls to the nearest one and puts her face up to it. Soon will come the drawer safety latches, so far she hasn't discovered too many of those yet. Time is flying... She is almost 9 months now and I am in shock.

We are enjoying the new stages with Selah and love watching her discover new things and the newness of it all. It also is really good for me because I always thought that I wouldn't be a really overprotective parent, but let me tell you that first time she went towards the loft railing and stuck her leg through I about had a heart attack. Tadd tells me it is small enough and she won't fall through, but oh my it makes me nervous. I am sure the day will come soon when she is throwing toys through the railing holes - that should be fun! Besides that she is eating food off her highchair now by herself. I think it was just a matter of her being lazy and spoiled because once I left her alone for a while she just started eating on her own...imagine that :)

This picture makes me laugh - you would think she was caught with her hand in the cookie jar!


She loves walking along the couch although she hasn't pulled herself all the way up on her own yet, but this is as close as she gets.


Here she is crawling..

1 comment:

Bethany said...

yay, way to go selah!!