Friday, March 5, 2010

Everyday Life


Well, it has been a month since I posted on here and everyday I look at our blog and think...what to write, what to write... Life has just been the ordinary, busy, life lately. No new exciting pictures of things we are doing, just enjoying the regular moments of the day.

The new news is that Selah is now 17 months old! Can you believe it? She is quite the girl. She is talking more and more. She can now associate two words together such as 'good girl' and 'brrr..cold' She isn't quite as good of an eater any more, but still when hungry will eat about anything that we are eating. She loves playing with her kitchen and we recently got her some fake food to play with too so she likes putting it in her grocery cart and carrying it around the room. She still is really into her dolls. She will rock them and has a true fascination with getting to the batteries with the ones that cry and talk. She will bring it over to me and want me to "turn it on!" So that should be interesting once she gets a baby brother and tries to turn him over to get to the batteries :) She is getting really good at the stairs going up and down, but she took her first tumble last week from our loft to the landing before the main level. Oh my, I wasn't far away but hearing the falling sound was awful! By the time I got to her she was at the bottom so I have no way of knowing how far she fell. Of course one piece of candy stopped her crying and we didn't notice any bumps later so it must not have been too bad!

When I try to take pictures of Selah playing or whatever, this is the reaction I usually get...her running and grabbing my legs to whine so she can get the camera. Trust me, I try to be sneaky about it but the second that camera turns on, she is running to get it!

Here she is being a little mother

A little story in the life of Selah...While eating breakfast one morning consisting of some mini muffins amongst other things she was asking for a new muffin to eat, as the one she was eating was falling apart and half gone. I informed her she needed to finish the one she was eating first and then she could have another one. I glanced over and Selah was cautiously watching me while acting like she wasn't watching me (if that makes any sense). Then when she thought I wasn't looking she moved her half eaten muffin ever so slightly behind her sippy cup and proceeded to point to the new muffin she wanted. I just laughed at her and said, "Selah, mommy can see your muffin right there as I pointed to it." She just looked at me and moved her cup at the same time smiling and saying, "Boo!" -Sure Selah, mommy was so suprised by your muffin playing peekaboo :) Actually, I was a little suprised that she could come up with that all by herself at this age already!
Another thing Selah has discovered..her shadow and light beams (when the light shines across the floor). She is scared of them both. It is funny for a while and then a little annoying. She won't cross any light beams and when she discovers her shadow she waves at her, but then will not walk towards it or by it. I tried to explain it to her...hense the waving began...but so far she doesn't quite understand. Oh well!

She loves playing dress up or just getting dressed up for real. I have to say I have nurtured that a little bit, she is just so stinkin' cute! So here she is in her sparkly pink shoes and purse walking around (of course, this is the best shot because if she sees me...no picture then!). The other day I tried on her Easter outfit which includes a very full skirt and some knee socks with lace on the top. Selah tried them on and just kept saying "oooo" so I think she likes it. She had to go prance over to daddy and do some twirls, followed by a look in the mirror. Too funny! I know, we are going to have to work on her not being so proud, but for now it is just too cute!
She loves reading books and yes, she still sucks her thumb...

No comments: