Saturday, October 18, 2008

Life's little pleasures

I felt this picture summed up our weekend pretty well so far....Taking it easy. I can't believe that Selah is two weeks already! She is growing so fast. This picture makes me laugh. Every time Selah wakes up from a nap she is soooo dramatic. She has to ssstttreeettttccchhhh and squirm and then give a BIG yawn a few times before she lazily raises her eyelids to peek at what is going on.

This is the picture we took before our first Sunday at church. It was great to be able to be at church with all of our friends and family. I guess this is our 2nd family picture :)

Can you believe Christmas is in 10 weeks! Get those shopping wish lists ready. Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I love getting together with family. And this year we have so much to be thankful for. It will be bittersweet...the first Thanksgiving without Laynie, but a blessing to have Selah here with us. That just amazes me. God is so faithful. This last year has been a year of ups and downs, joys and sorrow, tears and laughter...But through it all we continue to strive to serve Him more each day and share His love with our daughters and with those around us. We love you all! Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! Thanks for reminding me that Christmas is just around the corner :) We both have so much to be thankful for this year. Ups and downs doesn't even begin to describe this year. What a roller coaster ride. Throughout it all, you had such wisdom and gave me such a great example of what leaning on Him can carry you through. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a little punkin! I can't wait to see her.


Ellie Rassi